Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Why I Support Ron Paul...

I know, I don't write at all. I'm a very bad blogger. Facebook takes up too much of my time, I'll freely admit that. ;) But this is extremely important. Probably the biggest change since my last post is I now teach swing dancing. Which has sort of become my life (exampled by my weekend -- I'm teach Thursday, maybe Friday and Sunday, and going dancing Thursday-Sunday nights). I'm so glad there isn't such a thing as too much dancing. ::grins::



No other presidential candidate can claim the following record:
Dr. Paul...
has never voted to raise taxes.has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
has never voted to raise congressional pay.
has never taken a government-paid junket.
has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
voted against the Patriot Act.voted against regulating the Internet.
voted against the Iraq war.
does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
supported Ronald Reagan against Gerald Ford in 1976.

Man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.

Every politician on earth claims to support freedom. The problem is so few of them understand the simple meaning of the word.


I'm going to be a little confrontational here. So unless you want to debate me on this, I would suggest not commenting or specifically saying that you don't care to discuss this any further than your comment. Because I will challenge your position, and ask for you to provide evidence for it.

You can't possibly tell me you're a true Reagan consverative and vote for a liberal like McCain, Romney or Huckabee. It's a complete non-sequitor. I've said it in many places, I'll say it again -- I will vote for Obama before I ever vote for McCain or Romney (or even Huckabee anymore).

And just so you know, I'm by no means anti-military (I only say this because it's the very first argument I hear every single time). I'm anti-unconstituional wars. I'm anti-unconstitutional ANYTHING. I would say over 2/3rds of my friends and family are currently in or have served in the military. I love the military more than anyone else I know. I've spent years working to get better things for them from our government. So you can't say I'm anywhere near anti-military. Isn't it curious to know that Ron Paul has received the most military support? And not just the wackos who think their time in Iraq was a death sentence or something like that. I mean honest to goodness real American patriots who serve in our armed forces and will continue to no matter what, but they would like to see the Constitution followed always, not just in declarations of war.

A good place to look (and I'll grant you, it does have a very strong Dr. Paul bent---but this doesn't come close to negating the truth of it) is here: http://www.knowbeforeyouvote.com/. Perhaps the most telling thing I've ever seen is this: http://www.ntu.org/images/2008pres_total.png. I wonder if, by some miracle (that miracle being that the American people stop being blinded by the political rhetoric and lies of other candidates), and Paul were to get the nomination, if Fred Thompson would come back as VP... now that would be a happy ticket. :D

I believe in the power of prayer. All my Ron Paul supporting friends -- you NEED to be praying today. Pray that God's will be done, and do all you can today to get out the vote for the Ron Paul revolution. I can't expect great things, but I can hope for them. Change like this will be resisted until the end, if not by our fellow citizens, then by our government. I don't expect even one "victory" tonight in the caucuses and primaries around the country, but any vote for freedom and restoring the Constitution is a victory in it's own right.

-- Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but I have seen nothing from him as of late. I'd like nothing more than to see him get the nomination.....though I DON'T think it's going to happen....